Fytso

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Smooth Start to 2013

A Smooth Start to 2013


Is your first full week of the year off to a productive start?  I'm having a little downtime this week because I had my wisdom teeth removed yesterday.  I've been putting that off for years and it really needed to happen.  In order to put an end to my procrastination, I put 'having my wisdom teeth removed' on my list of one year goals back in October.  Even though I'm sore now, it feels pretty great to have that one checked off of the list!  Putting goals in writing really is a great way to keep you accountable.

Because of my procedure, my nutrition has looked like this:



My blender has been working overtime.  This concoction was a creamy dream!  I'm not sure if it was so good because I had been fasting for the day or if it was because my mom made it for me (it always taste better when mom makes it, right), or if it's just that good!  Here is what it included:

1/2 an avocado
1/2 a banana
1/2 cup frozen pineapple
1 cup of coconut milk
1 scoop of acai berry whey protein (Tera's Whey)

I plan on making this one again, even when I don't have a mouth full of stitches :)

Doctor's Orders

Do you have a hard time following doctor's orders?  I'm supposed to 'take it easy' for a week, which is actually the opposite of 'easy' if you ask me.  I'm only about 24 hours into my 7 day rest period and I'm already planning what my workout regime is going to be when I have the clear to resume normal activity.  I'm going to get back into it with this total body conditioning circuit:



After completing this circuit, follow it with a super set of 10 mountain climbers and 10 push ups back and forth 3 times.  Once you've completed that, go back to the beginning of the circuit.  Complete a total of 3-4 times.

Pureed Perfection

Smoothie #1 in this post was dinner last night.  This morning I was looking for something a little more substantial, so I threw together another smoothie, but this time I added a few ingredients that I thought might give it a little more staying power.  It came together like this:



I threw in 1 cup of almond milk, 1 tablespoon of almond butter, 1/2 cup of pineapple, 1/2 cup of blueberries, 1/4 of an avocado and 3/4 cup of plain greek yogurt.

It was delicious and filling...but I am looking forward to digging into something chewy in a few days!

The GreeneBerger

If you are looking for some great recipes and more information about nutrition and how it impacts our health, check out The GreeneBerger.  You'll find nutrient dense recipes and an explanation as to why certain foods fuel our bodies while others drain us.





No comments:

Post a Comment