Fytso

Monday, October 15, 2012

Walk It Out(side)

Impromptu Workout/Me Being a Dork


I hope everyone had a great weekend!  It was gorgeous here in Ohio so we headed to a pumpkin patch to embrace a traditional fall day.  Saturday was supposed to be my rest day, but I couldn't resist doing a few bicep curls when I saw this guy:

And this guy:

 

So I had an impromptu pumpkin patch workout...I'll still consider that a rest day ;)


I love Fall because it leads into the 'tradition' season.  I think that the best part of the holidays is the comfort and familiarity that traditions bring.  What are your Fall traditions?  Please share!  I love creating new traditions and hearing about what other people have done year after year.


Our effort to capture the perfect shot.  We can't even blame the kids for not looking at the camera!  Steph and I are just as distracted.
 
 
 

Walk it Out

Do you enjoy walking this time of year?  Myself, along with some other experts, contributed some great tips to this article about how to make the most of your walking routine.  The article ran in the Dayton Daily News.  Check out the online version here:
 
 
 
If you have any tips on what you do to keep your walking routine fresh, let me know!
 
 

What else can you do with squash?

So we know you can use squash (read:pumpkins, gourds, etc.) for exercise, but in addition to that obvious trait, they also make for a great meal.   I served as the test kitchen for my mom this weekend.  She recently met with the author of the cookbook Forks Over Knives: The Cookbook, Del Sroufe.  This is an amazing cookbook with over 300 plant based recipes.  The recipe I got to taste:
 
 
Sorry, I had to take several bites before the urge to take a picture struck me.
 

This is a vegan recipe that is loaded with nutrition & flavor! It was definitely filling enough to be a meal on it's own.  That middle layer has beans and spinach in it, which helps with the 'being filling' factor and that sauce on the top, the main ingredient is cauliflower!  It's genius!  I can't wait to try some other dishes from this book. 


 
 
I've got to run...Michael Bublé is on The Voice tonight!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment