Fytso

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I Like Coffee, I Like Tea



Do you drink coffee?  I didn't until a few years ago.  I've always been a tea drinker.  Green, white, rooibos, herbal...I like it all.  My coffee habit started as an occasional thing.  I'd get a soy latte from the best coffee house in the world- Cup O' Joe (preferable the one in the Short North).  But, eventually I started drinking it almost every morning.  I still can't comprehend why.  I don't like the way caffeine makes me feel.  On the days I don't have it, I seem to fill myself with more water.  I actually feel like I have a healthier glow and more energy when I DON'T have coffee...so what am I doing right now as I type this:

Why?? That, I haven't figured out.  But, is coffee good for you or not?  I've heard both sides of the story.  Below is a link to two expert opinions.  Let me know who's side you're on!

Dr. Patricia Fitzgerald & Mark Hyman, MD share to scoop!

In my opinion, individuals process and metabolize things differently, so what is right for you may not work for the person next to you, so listen to your body & respect what it needs to operate at it's fullest potential  One thing that all of the 'experts' agree on...MODERATION! 

 

Need some energy?

After reading that I'm ready to create some non-caffeine energy on my own!  Today was a leg day for me, so I'm feeling a little noodley from the waist down.  I came across this 15 minute series from Yoga Journal that focuses on energizing the pelvis in legs.  I'm going to give this a run through before heading back to the gym for my afternoon clients.

Energize the Pelvis & Legs from YogaJournal.com

And if you're having trouble with Tuesday rage today, here is an inspiring image:



No comments:

Post a Comment