Fytso

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Clean it like you mean it!

What is your favorite day of the week?

Wednesday mornings are fantastic because I get to move a little slower than usual.  I get to be home with my kids while they are getting ready for school and nag them with lots of questions like "Are you hungry?  Want an apple?  Want an egg?  Brush your teeth yet?  Want me to iron that?  Are those socks clean? Brush your teeth yet?  Have your homework? Need lunch money?  Seriously, brush your teeth already."  I'm sure they think they are annoyed as I bounce around with my "morning person" spirit as I pinch their cheeks while they roll their tired eyes at me, but I know they secretly like Wednesday mornings too.

Anyhow, you recall that I mentioned I get to move a little slower on Wednesdays.  That doesn't mean I'm actually capable of moving slower.  I function most efficiently in the morning, so before 7am I had already accomplished the following:

Unclogged a drain (bathroom).  Unclogged a nose (Liam's).  Unclogged a toilet (anonymous).  Jumpstarted a car (attempted, apparently a Fiat battery doesn't supply enough juice to get a Silverado running…sorry, dude).  And of course the typical kid drop offs, breakfast, shower etc.  So, while I was already on a roll, I thought, let me just get a quick house-work-out in.  A house-work-out is when you actually turn housework into a workout but with more intention than just cleaning.  This one is quick simple and effective.  Goes like this:


Be so careful with this one.  Warning:  If your glass lid falls off of your crockpot and knocks you in the head, I cannot be held responsible.  Do this at your own risk!  Also, when doing the deadlifts, make sure you have proper form (if you aren't sure if you have proper form, then you probably don't.  Check with a professional/contact me).  You can adjust the resistance by changing the amount of water in the pot.  If you are washing your crockpot anyway, this one is a no brainer.  Again, I'm more so just telling you I did this one.  If you choose to do it and you spill something or smash a toe…it was at your own risk.

This is best done with a laundry bag and not a basket.  The bag reminds me of sandbag training, which I love!  I repeated this 4 times.  It didn't take long.


Try to keep your legs straight with this one.  If you haven't done inchworms before, you really should have a witness around to advise.  Cannot emphasize enough…exercise can be dangerous!  Not exercising can also be dangerous.


Don't slack on this one.  I HATE cleaning my bathtub, but I LOVE a lean upper body, so if I treat this task as a workout I scrub with much more intensity.

If you have time, add crunches & leg raises between each exercise.  I was surprised at how this routine actually didn't add much time to my morning routine at all and it will save me tons of time this evening when I don't have to do that cleaning :)

Post Workout:

I threw together a smoothie with spinach, mango, banana and my favorite vanilla protein powder from Arbonne.  Then I had to clean the blender, which I just did the standard way.  No workout added.  Now I'm headed to the gym for my first appointment of the day.  


Do you incorporate fitness into your daily routine?  Share your tips with me!




No comments:

Post a Comment